Nipple Surgery in Colombia
Usually when we think of enhancing the breasts we think about breast lifts, reductions and enlargements. However, for some women, their concerns are much more localized: they are unhappy with their nipples. Whether they are inverted or protrude too far or are too big or too puffy, these women are always excited to hear how simple it is to enhance just the nipple with Nipple Surgery in Colombia. And more beautiful nipples mean more beautiful breasts.
Attractive, well-positioned, and proportionate nipples are an important goal for any woman looking to achieve a beautiful breast appearance. If you are unhappy with the appearance of your nipples or the dark skin that surrounds them (the areola), you should take the time to learn more about nipple repair surgery at our Cartagena cosmetic surgery practice. Women from around the world come to Premium Care Plastic Surgery for nipple repair.
This small area of a woman’s anatomy can have a big impact on her satisfaction with her breasts. Our surgeons have experience performing surgery to improve the appearance of the nipple and take this cosmetic problem seriously. Nipple correction in Colombia can also be performed as part of another breast enhancement procedure.
The common Nipple and areolar conditions that we treat are:
Nipple inversion is a disfiguring condition that affects 2% of all women. The degree to which a nipple is inverted will vary from “shy” to severly retracted.
REDUCING ENLARGED NIPPLES
For many women, their desire for breast enhancement begins with more beautiful nipples. A simple outpatient surgery can reduce the length or diameter of one or both nipples.
REDUCING ENLARGED AREOLAS
The areola can impact the appearance of the breasts more than any other feature. Women who are self-conscious about the dimensions of their areolas can turn to surgery for a quick fix.
CORRECTING PUFFY OR PROTUBERANT AREOLAS
“Puffy” areolas put a cone-like cap on the breasts that some people find unattractive. A simple surgery can flatten the areola and beautify the breasts.
NIPPLE SURGERY IN COLOMBIA
Whether you have inverted nipples, protruding nipples, or overly large / puffy areolas, our plastic surgeons at Premium Care are skilled in creating a satisfying new look.
As the most prominent features of the breasts, nipples contribute dramatically to breast beauty. They deserve as much care and concern as any other aspect of your breasts. If you are troubled by inverted or protruding nipples or puffy or otherwise unsightly areolas, you’ll be happy to learn about nipple repair and correction, which usually involves just a simple office procedure.
Millions of women suffer with nipple and areola abnormalities such as inverted, enlarged or extended nipples, and puffy, enlarged or discolored areolas. Many of these conditions can impact breast function, but they all impact the way women feel about their body.
Because the nipple is important in appearance, sexuality, and breastfeeding, many women choose to have their nipples corrected. Fortunately, Dr. Alex Campbell and Dr. Carolina Restrepo share a unique approach to nipple repair that’s simple and effective.
Finding affordable plastic surgery for the nipples you have dreamed is easier than you might think. We have numerous plastic surgery financing options available.
Nipple Surgery in Colombia
YOUR NIPPLE SURGERY IN COLOMBIA – CONSULTATION AT PREMIUM CARE PLASTIC SURGERY
IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?
Nipple surgery in Colombia is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
NIPPLE SURGERY IN COLOMBIA MAY BE A GOOD OPTION FOR YOU IF:
- You are physically healthy
- Your breasts are fully developed
- You are bothered by the feeling that your nipples are too big
- You are dissatisfied with your nipples after pregnancy, weight loss, or with aging
- You have realistic expectations
In our approach to nipple surgery, communicating with our patient is key. We carefully review their medical histories and breast questionnaire before the initial consultation. We ask patients what their goals are for nipple surgery in Colombia. In some cases, at the same time patient may desire an improved breast shape or, possibly, better symmetry is their goal. Still others may want to restore their pre-pregnancy figure and may choose to combine their nipple surgery with augmentation, a breast lift or other procedures.
BE PREPARED TO DISCUSS:
- Why you want the surgery, your expectations and desired outcome
- Your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Previous surgeries
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, and tobacco
After we gain an understanding of what the patient wants, we then proceed to the examination. We consider many features, Breasts are highly variable, and we help the patient understand what their best options are based on their physical characteristics.
YOUR PLASTIC SURGEON AT PREMIUM CARE WILL ALSO:
- Take photographs for your medical record
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of nipple surgery and any risks or potential complications
When the patient comes for their pre-operative visit, typically 1-2 days before surgery, we answer additional questions and agree on an operative plan based on what the patient really wants. At the end of our meeting, we’re confident that we understand what the patient desires. Likewise, the patient feels comfortable with our communication and our plan.
If you’re ready to meet with our plastic surgeons at Premium Care Plastic Surgery in Colombia, you can request a consultation online or contact us at (+57) 312 545 55 69 in Cartagena and (+1) 305 848 19 09 in United States.
PREPARING FOR YOUR SURGERY
Our staff at Premium Care Plastic Surgery encourages you to take a few simple steps in preparation for your nipple surgery. Following the steps presented below will make your recovery from surgery as safe, short and relaxing as possible.
Your surgeon will provide you with a list of specific steps you should take leading up to your procedure. This list might include limiting your use of certain medications, alcohol and cigarettes, and minor changes in your diet and grooming habits. These changes are temporary but very important to your comfort and safety.
BEFORE NIPPLE SURGERY IN COLOMBIA, YOU MAY BE ASKED TO:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Stop smoking well in advance of surgery
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS YOU RECEIVE WILL COVER:
- What to do on the day of surgery
- The use of anesthesia during your nipple surgery in Colombia
- Post-operative care and follow-up
- Medications to purchase and bring with you on the day of surgery
A patient’s final result will be enhanced through active participation in preparing for nipple surgery . Patients considering nipple surgery in Colombia need to maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet to prepare for surgery.
Smoking increases the risks of many potential complications of surgery and should be avoided. Patients who smoke should stop at least two weeks before surgery, but even then they are still at increased risk when compared to non-smokers. Nicotine patches or gum are also associated with increased complications and should not be used in preparation for surgery.
On the day of your surgery, we ask that you wear no jewelry or make-up and avoid deodorant, skin lotions and perfume. We recommend warm, loose fitting clothing, such as pajamas or sweat pants with thick socks or slippers to prevent the chills commonly experienced after surgery. Please inform your surgeon if you have a cold, sore throat, active allergies or an open cut or sore on the day of your breast augmentation.
You’ll need help. Arrange for someone to drive you to and from surgery and to stay with you for at least the first night following surgery. Effective planning prior to undergoing the procedure can make your recovery as brief and relaxing as possible.
YOUR CONSULTATION IS KEY
Dr. Alex Campbell and Dr. Carolina Restrepo will take time during your consultation to review potential complications with you, including the very remote risks associated with any. Be sure to bring a list of questions or concerns with you.
As you do your research and make decisions, you can feel confident in knowing you’re in great hands at Premium Care Plastic Surgery. Each member our accredited staff is experienced, caring and focused on your results.
To take the next step, arrange a personal or phone consultation with Premium Care Plastic Surgery by calling (+57) 312 545 5569 in Cartagena, or use our convenient online form to request a consultation online.
Vocabulary & FAQ's
NIPPLE SURGERY IN COLOMBIA: WORDS TO KNOW
- Areola: Pigmented skin surrounding the nipple.
- Augmentation mammaplasty: Breast enlargement or breast enhancement by surgery.
- Breast Augmentation: Also known as augmentation mammaplasty; breast enlargement or breast enhancement by surgery.
- Breast Implants: Medical devices placed in your body to enhance an existing breast size or to reconstruct your breast. Breast implants fall into two categories: saline breast implants and silicone breast implants.
- General anesthesia: Drugs and/or gases used during an operation to relieve pain and alter consciousness.
- Hematoma: Blood pooling beneath the skin.
- Inframammary incision: An incision made in the fold under the breast.
- Intravenous sedation: Sedatives administered by injection into a vein to help you relax.
- Local anesthesia: A drug injected directly to the site of an incision during an operation to relieve pain.
- Mammogram: An x-ray image of the breast.
- Mastectomy: The removal of breast tissue, typically to rid the body of cancer.
- MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging; a painless test to view tissue similar to an x-ray.
- Periareolar incision: An incision made at the edge of the areola.
- Saline implants: Breast implants filled with salt water.
- Silicone implants: Breast implants filled with an elastic gel.
- Submammary or subglandular placement: Breast implants placed directly behind the breast tissue, over the pectoral muscle.
- Submuscular or subpectoral placement: Breast implants placed under the pectoral muscle, which is located between the breast tissue and chest wall.
- Sutures: Stitches used by surgeons to hold skin and tissue together.
- Transaxillary incision: An incision made in the underarm area.
- Ultrasound: A diagnostic procedure that projects high frequency sound waves into the body and records the echoes as pictures.
NIPPLE SURGERY IN COLOMBIA: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
While your specific questions are best addressed during a consultation with one of our plastic surgeons, here are a few answers to frequently asked questions about breast augmentation and breast implants. Patients often remark that investing the time to look through these common questions left them feeling a whole lot more informed and confident about nipple surgery in Colombia.
What type of anaesthetic is used?
The vast majority of patients have local anaesthetic – a small injection that’s very quick and relatively comfortable. If requested, we can numb the injection site with a topical cream beforehand, but for most patients, this isn’t needed.
For patients who are particularly squeamish or nervous, we’re happy to perform the surgery under twilight sedation or general anaesthetic.
Is Nipple Reduction Surgery painful?
Once you’ve had the anaesthetic, you shouldn’t feel any pain sensations at all – just some pressure and movement.
How long does surgery take?
As a relatively straightforward procedure, it usually takes around 20 minutes to treat each nipple.
What’s the recovery period?
Most patients recover very quickly. You’ll experience some mild discomfort for a little while, but this can be easily managed with paracetamol.
The very fine absorbable stitches will fall out naturally after a week to 10 days, and your dressings will be removed after 1 week. You’ll probably have some swelling for the first 2-3 weeks, and at 4-6 weeks you can expect to see the final result.
> What scarring can I expect?
It’s important to recognise that everybody heals differently. Dark skin tends to scar worse than lighter skin, for example.
But as a relatively minor procedure, scarring is minimal with nipple reduction surgery. Any scars are usually hidden on the underside of the nipple and in the fold where the nipple meets the areola.
Ready to move forward with your Nipple surgery in Colombia? Want to learn more about your options? Why not plan to meet with one of our plastic surgeons soon? You can receive a consultation online or call us at (+57) 312 545 5569 in Cartagena and (+1) 305 8481909 in United States to schedule an appointment.